The InvenSense MPU-6050 sensor contains a MEMS accelerometer and a MEMS gyro in a single chip. It is very accurate, as it contains 16-bits analog to digital conversion hardware for each channel. Therefor it captures the x, y, and z channel at the same time. The sensor uses the I2C-bus to interface with the Arduino.
The MPU-6050 is not expensive, especially given the fact that it combines both an accelerometer and a gyro.
Also note that Invensense has combined the MPU-6050 with a magnetometer (compass) in a single chip called MPU-9150.
- Controlled Flying Robots
- Motion sensing game
- Augmented Reality
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS: Electronic Image Stabilization)
- Optical image stabilization (OIS: Optical Image Stabilization)
- Pedestrian Navigator
- Zero-touch gesture user interface
- The postures quick way sensor
- Chip: MPU-6050
- Power supply: 3v-5V
- Gyroscope range: + 250 500 1000 2000 °/ s
- Acceleration range: ± 2 ± 4 ± 8 ± 16 g
- Communication: Standard IIC communication agreement
- Chip built-in 16 bit AD converter, 16 bits of data output
- Pin Pitch 2.54 mm
- SIZE: 20.3mm x 15.6mm
- 1x MPU-6050 3 Axis gyroscope + accelerometer module(3V-5V compatible)
- 1x Male header straight
- 1x Male Header right-angle